Artisans' Bank cares about your security. That's why we have teamed up with the American Bankers Association to help consumers identify phishing scams.
ABA’s #BanksNeverAskThat anti-phishing campaign helps consumers beat scammers at their own game.
Every day, thousands of people fall victim to fraudulent emails, texts and calls from scammers pretending to be their bank. We want to change that by raising awareness among banks and their customers of best practices for phishing defense.
PRO TIPS to help spot scams:
- Banks will never ask for your PIN or Password over the phone, by email, or by text.
- Banks will never ask for your account number over the phone, by email, or by text.
- Banks will never ask for your Social Security number over the phone, by email, or by text.
- Banks will never ask you to click on a suspicious link
- If you get an email, text, or phone call asking you to call a number, DON'T call it. Call instead the number on your bank-issued card.
- Beware of scare tactics. Your bank will never pressure or threaten you to contact them.
- Watch for misspelled words. This is often a giveaway of a scam.
It can happen at any time. Be on the lookout.
Watch Artisans' 30 second commercial about phishing scams.
For more information, including interactive games to test your ability to spot scams, go to: