Residential Loan Originator
POSITION: Residential Loan Originator
PAY GRADE: To be determined based on experience
DEPARTMENT: Consumer Lending
SUPERVISOR: Residential and Consumer Lending Sales Manager
JOB FUNCTION: The Residential Loan Originator consults with potential borrowers to offer lending solutions that meet their home financing needs and promotes Artisans’ Bank and its financial services. Perform daily responsibilities for loans in a Residential Loan portfolio.
- Generate new loan originations through external sources and outside sales efforts including but not limited to: Real Estate Professional referrals, community activities, business referral partnerships; on-line application referrals, and branch referrals.
- Underwrite new loans by determining risk and pricing components within the Bank’s lending guidelines; present loans for approval to various Loan Committees of the Bank.
- Work closely with branches in developing small business development opportunities. Attend and participate in various sales and reporting meetings within the Bank that assist the Bank in the management of its portfolio.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Adherence to corporate policies, procedures and regulatory banking requirements. Completes all required training. Actively communicates matters of potential audit or compliance risk.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record-keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Exhibit high level of initiative.
- Nationwide Multi-State Licensing System & Registry (NMLS).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described below must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature.
- Required to stand for intermittent periods of time.
- Required to sit for prolonged periods.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
- Required to talk, hear, see, read, and write.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close & distance vision.
- This position requires occasional lifting and moving up to 10 lbs.
- Bank office hours M-F 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Originators are on call 24/7 working with borrowers, Realtors, and other lenders via email, phone and text message.
- Minimal overnight travel.