Relationship Banker I
POSITION: Relationship Banker I
PAY GRADE: 7
SUPERVISOR: Branch Manager & Area Manager
JOB FUNCTION: To deliver superior customer service to new and existing clients in a professional and informative manner. Solicit new business and maintain long lasting, meaningful relationships with customers, resolving customer issues, engaging them to understand their financial needs and providing thoughtful solutions that make a real difference in making their lives more convenient.
Provide outstanding branch customer service by:
- Providing error resolution and prompt efficient customer service.
- Soliciting and cross selling bank products and services.
- Opening, servicing and closing all types of personal or commercial accounts.
- Opening and servicing IRA accounts.
- Completing and processing applications, as well as, closing loans in the branch.
- Provide and perform Teller duties in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Assist as necessary with daily ATM and vault duties and responsibilities.
- Applying established procedures and policy.
- Lead and participate in branch cross-training as necessary and appropriate with job knowledge.
- Assist in overall supervision of the branch as necessary and delegated by the branch manager.
- Encourage and contribute to a team atmosphere; assist other staff members in their daily activities.
- Treat people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- High School diploma or general education degree; or three months related experience and/or training.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Intermediate personal computer skills, including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, and graphics.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described below must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Required to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Required to sit for prolonged periods.
- May be required to wear face coverings during business hours.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with fingers.
- Required to walk, reach with hands and arms, push items overhead, occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Required to talk, hear, see, read and write.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- This position requires occasional lifting and moving of up to 10lbs.
- This position requires to work some Saturdays.