Residential Loan Originator
JOB FUNCTION: The Residential Loan Originator consults with potential borrowers to offer lending solutions that meet their home financing needs and promotes Artisans’ Bank and its financial services. Perform daily responsibilities for loans in a Residential Loan portfolio. Solicit new residential mortgage business by:
- Developing and maintaining successful relationships with business referral sources within the community, specifically with real estate community
- Meet and communicate with residential loan application customers
- Provide complete loan applications to the Residential Loan Department
- Collect supporting loan documentation as required
- Attract new deposit relationships to the Bank
- Generate new loan originations through external sources and outside sales efforts including but not limited to: Real Estate Professional referrals, community activities, business referral partnerships; on-line application referrals, and branch referrals.
- Underwrite new loans by determining risk and pricing components within the Bank’s lending guidelines.
- Present loans for approval to various Loan Committees of the Bank.
- Cross sell the Bank’s other products and services including various deposit accounts and consumer based loans.
- Attend various outside community and business functions representing the Bank.
- Work closely with branches in developing small business development opportunities.
- Attend and participate in various sales and reporting meetings within the Bank that assist the Bank in the management of its portfolio.
- Interface with internal and external auditors of the Bank regarding loans in lender’s portfolio.
- Adherence to corporate policies, procedures and regulatory banking requirements. Completes all required training. Actively communicates matters of potential audit or compliance risk.
- All other duties as may be warranted or required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of residential lending experience with a focus on generating self-sourced business.
- Proficiency in Bank’s Loan Information Systems and software programs including Word and Excel.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be willing and able to travel to assigned branch locations and customer's homes and businesses.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- High level of initiative and adaptability.
- Knowledge of FHMC/FNMA/FHA/VA regulations preferred.