Information Technology Specialist
The IT Specialist is responsible for providing superior help desk functions for the Bank. Will be accountable for managing workstations and mobile devices. Serve as a liaison with 3rd party providers.
- Support staff on all IT related issues.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
- Install IT equipment and manage mobile device access.
- Review patch reports on a monthly basis while ensuring missing patches are applied.
- Participate in audits and exams as required.
- Occasional travel to various Bank locations as needed.
- Requires occasional work hours during evenings and weekends for installation and/or testing of systems and upgrades, need to respond to help desk tickets.
- Adhere to corporate policies, procedures, and regulatory banking requirements. Completes all required training. Actively communicates matters of potential audit or compliance risk.
- Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Jack Henry Xperience preferred.
- CompTIA A+, Microsoft hardware (installation) or other IT industry standard certifications desired.
- An advanced understanding of technical issues, both hardware and software, for infrastructure (servers, networking, telephony) and end user equipment.
- Holds an understanding of core internet technologies – DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, mail transport/s.
- Active Directory and Windows Server administration. Windows 10/11 system support.
- Mobile device support such as iPhone and/or Android.
- Video conferencing setup and troubleshooting.
- VMware Horizon client support.
- A broad understanding of networking technologies both wired and wireless as well as data cabling knowledge.
- Ability to understand and execute change management activities.
- Ability to liaise with third party vendors for all steps of troubleshooting process.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Demonstrated use of intermediate computer operations (basic programming in 3rd and 4th generation languages, relational databases, and operating systems) and intermediate software packages, word processing, spreadsheet, and graphics.
- Handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
The physical demands described below must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Required to stand for periods of time.
- Required to sit for prolonged periods.
- May be required to wear face coverings during business hours.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with fingers.
- Required to walk, reach with hands and arms, push items overhead, occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Required to talk, hear, see, read and write.
- This position requires occasional lifting and moving of up to 25lbs.