Commercial Loan Post Closing Review Specialist
JOB FUNCTION: This position serves as a first line of defense to mitigate unnecessary exposure to risk. Responsible for post-closing review of all new and renewed commercial loans to ensure that proper policy, procedural, and compliance requirements have been adhered to and loans have been documented in accordance with the approved terms. Handles recordations, filings, satisfactions, releases, etc. to ensure the Bank’s collateral position is accurate. Reviews and tracks insurance in order to adhere to policies and regulations. Maintains legal files. Processes paid loans and collateral changes. May serve in a back-up capacity for documentation preparation.
- Complete quality control post loan closing.
- Review entity documentation to understand business structure and authorized signers.
- Confirm supporting documents are all present and correctly executed.
- Ensure that proper policy, procedural and compliance requirements have been met.
- Ensure timely and proper filing of various collateral documents including mortgages, UCCs, motor vehicle titles, life insurance policies.
- Identify and enter any exceptions into the Bank’s tracking system.
- Review and track insurance documentation.
- Prepare Letters of Credit.
- Complete continuations, satisfactions and terminations when appropriate.
- Scan documents to Bank’s core system in a timely manner.
- Create and maintain legal files.
- Communicate rate changes.
- Process fees.
- Process paid loans.
- Prepare loan documents using Laser Pro.
- Adherence to corporate policies, procedures and regulatory banking requirements. Completes all required training. Actively communicates matters of potential audit or compliance risk.
- All other duties as may be warranted or required.
- Knowledge of banking industry, loan documentation and credit policy.
- High School diploma or GED and a minimum of 3 years experience in commercial lending.
- Detail orientation.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with Laser Pro a benefit.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with bank staff, attorneys and other external contacts.