Commercial Loan Administration
POSITION: Commercial Loan Administrator
PAY GRADE: To be determined based on experience
DEPARTMENT: Credit Administration
SUPERVISOR: Credit Administration Manager
JOB FUNCTION: This position will provide support services for Commercial Lenders by assisting with their portfolios.
- Obtain documents for credit underwriting and due diligence.
- Create document requests.
- Assist in the preparation of loan closings.
- Process loan advances and payments.
- Prepare commercial loan payoff letters.
- Process wire transfer requests.
- Work with closing attorneys, borrowers, lenders, and internal counsel to coordinate post-closing follow-up to ensure completeness.
- Act as a liaison between customers and lenders.
- Interact with various operational, service and sales team members to review, research, and correct customer problems.
- Process account maintenance.
- Ensure compliance with regulations, bank policies and credit policies.
- Produce loan documentation packages using Laser Pro system.
- Communicate and discuss loan transactions with commercial lending officers or other bank staff, internal counsel and chief credit and lending officers.
- Review entity documentation to understand business structure and authorized signers.
- Complete post-booking quality control of loans.
- Set up and maintain construction loan files and spreadsheets.
- Request/coordinate timely construction loan inspections.
- Process construction loan draws, fees, payoffs, and releases.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly interest reserve reports.
- Process floor plan draws, releases, payoffs, and monitoring.
- Identify potential risks or project setbacks and communicate accordingly.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Completes Bank training requirements, follows policies and procedures, maintains proficient knowledge of the rules and regulations and supports the Bank’s goals and values.
- Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Commercial Banking.
- Knowledge of loan documentation and credit policy, especially pertaining to Commercial Real Estate.
- Proficient with LaserPro or similar documentation system.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to interact professionally with bank staff, attorneys and other external contacts.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Intermediate personal computer skills including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Prioritize tasks, handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described below must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature.
- Required to stand for intermittent periods of time.
- Required to sit for prolonged periods.
- May be required to wear face coverings during business hours.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
- Required to reach with hands and arms, push items overhead, occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Required to talk, hear, see, read and write.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- This position requires occasional lifting and moving of 10 lbs.
- Normal working hours consist of M-F 8:30 am to 4:30 pm with optional overtime during busy periods.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt