Chief Retail Banking Officer
The Chief Retail Banking Officer is responsible for leading, managing and growing the Bank’s community based retail network. This individual will establish goals and implement strategies to achieve growth, profit, operational efficiency, compliance, and best-in-class customer experience.
- Manages all aspects of retail banking including personnel, sales, service, operational efficiency, product development, technology, and compliance.
- Develops and executes a deposit strategy to achieve growth goals in terms of deposit growth and cost of funds.
- Leverages branch network to support organizational lending efforts.
- Monitors current trends in the banking industry and assesses market conditions to implement retail banking strategy to gain and sustain the Bank's competitive edge.
- Evaluates current retail banking products and services for opportunities to improve, change or expand the portfolio.
- Creates annual budgets and periodic reforecasts for deposit balances, fee income, and operating expenses. Provides weekly deposit cash flow projections.
- Manages ATM fleet including purchase, installation, operations, and compliance.
- Drives and analyzes the branch system footprint and profitability.
- Reviews and controls the branches operating costs to maintain cost control.
- Assesses, recommends, and implements marketing plans to meet retail banking strategic objectives
- Provides strategic leadership to promote a profitable sales experience across all markets while increasing customer value.
- Leads the instruction and consistent execution of sales strategies to enhance corporate sales culture.
- Acts as lead integrator of consumer business partners (digital banking strategies, wealth management, mortgage lending, consumer lending, business lending, and cash management services).
- Works in coordination with facilities management as needed.
- Collaborates and aligns Retail Banking with BSA, Bank Operations, Compliance/Internal Audit, Enterprise Risk Management, and other partners as appropriate, to create, enhance, and maintain current procedures for retail banking.
- Participates in community organizations/activities/events. Enhances the image and protects the well-known reputation of the Bank.
- Participates in the Bank’s Pricing, Retail, IT Steering, Asset Liability Management and Safety Committees
- Manages the Branch Operations Administrator and Branch Area Managers.
- Promotes a culture of outstanding employee performance through ongoing engagement and talent development to improve retention and build a roster of future leaders.
- Coaches team members at both the individual and team level to improve retail banking performance.
- Assists in training and retention of high-quality employees committed to a culture of best-in-class customer service.
- Adheres to corporate policies, procedures, and regulatory banking requirements.
- Completes all required training.
- Actively communicates matters of potential audit or compliance risk.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university.
- 10 years retail banking experience including detailed knowledge of retail banking employee management, sales, service, operations, products, digital banking strategies, and compliance.
- Experience with branch profitability analysis and developing banking teams.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Demonstrates strong motivational, time management, multi-tasking, problem-solving, presentation and organizational skills. Ability to be detail oriented.
- Demonstrates leadership and relationship management skills with superior ability to execute using influence, negotiation, and consensus building.
- Ability to drive results in a statewide sales organization.
- Strong strategic and analytical mindset.
- Excellent coach and strong motivator; brings energy and enthusiasm to the team every day.
- Team-oriented work style and be a consensus builder.
- Polished and comfortable in all environments - Front line Retail Banking Team Member to Senior Management.
- Self-starter with the confidence to deal effectively with a growth oriented Senior Management team as a team member, ability to manage outside counsel in an effective manner.