Senior Commercial Relationship Manager
POSITION: Senior Commercial Relationship Manager
PAY GRADE: To be determined based on experience
DEPARTMENT: Commercial Banking
SUPERVISOR: Senior Vice President/Chief Lending Officer
JOB FUNCTION: The Senior Commercial Banking Relationship Manager is responsible for the acquisition of new commercial banking clients and the expansion/retention of existing relationships. Will help structure, underwrite, negotiate and manage diverse credit relationships. Responsible for developing and executing relationship management plans, including effectively collaborating with relationship support teams as well as senior management. Must be knowledgeable of financial needs of our clients and the Bank’s products and services. Additionally, the position may assume Group Manager/Team Leader/Mentoring and Special Project responsibilities. Will act in compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as, all applicable state and federal banking regulations.
- Business Development
- Maintains and grows a profitable book of business through disciplined and proactive business development and relationship management.
- Leverage knowledge of existing customer base to maximize cross-sell opportunities to enhance the overall marketing effort of the Bank.
- Participates in community events and networking activities to increase awareness and presence of Artisans’ Bank in the community.
- Entertain clients, prospective clients and COI’s in an acceptable manner that builds rapport, trust and creditability.
- Participate in joint calling efforts for existing and prospective customers with Branch Managers and other Commercial Relationship Managers.
- Manages larger, more complex loan relationships.
- Underwrite new loan opportunities by determining risk and pricing components within the Bank’s lending guidelines.
- Structures, underwrites and prepares credit presentations for Bank approval, negotiates terms, and effectively documents credit actions and agreements
- Ensures that all loans are documented completely, and that any documentation or loan policy exceptions are addressed and resolved.
- Provide support in development of credit analysts and other team members when appropriate.
- Relationship Management
- Takes ownership for client relationship with the Bank.
- Prioritizes relationships and has an appropriate relationship management plan for each customer.
- Takes a consultative approach to understanding our customer’s objectives, effectively identifies their financial needs, implements appropriate financial solutions, and undertakes ongoing review and assessment to ensure plan execution.
- Effectively collaborates with relationship service team and senior management to ensure an excellent client experience.
- Maintains a working knowledge of bank operating policies and procedures which impact commercial relationships.
- Portfolio Management
- Accountable for overall portfolio management, compliance and risk.
- Initiates timely changes to risk ratings to reflect changes in conditions that impact our customers and the Bank’s risk exposure, including regulatory compliance.
- Completes accurate and timely credit actions, including periodic reviews, renewals and modifications.
- Ensures that borrower reporting requirements and financial covenants are met.
- Facilitates collaboration with credit administration.
- Interface with internal and external auditors of the Bank regarding loans in Relationship Manager’s portfolio.
- Establish and/or assist others with action plans for troubled credits to resolve problem loans in an efficient manner to protect the Bank’s investment.
- Teamwork & Leadership
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Exhibits leadership by example, pursuing high performance and professionalism.
- Completes Bank training requirements, follows policies and procedures, maintains proficient knowledge of the rules and regulations, completes administrative tasks correctly and on time, and supports the Bank’s goals and values.
- Embrace Group Manager/Team Leader/Mentoring and Special Project responsibilities, when applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and/or a minimum of 7 years of Commercial Credit, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate Banking, Real Estate Analysis, or Real Estate Finance.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents, ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems collects data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer operations including Windows-based software, word processing and spreadsheet applications, internet usage, and electronic mail.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and delegate assignments.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described below must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Required to stand for intermittent periods of time.
- Required to sit for prolonged periods.
- May be required to wear face coverings during business hours.
- Dexterity is mandatory as this job requires frequent use of hands and fingers.
- Required to walk, reach with hands and arms, push items overhead, occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Required to talk, hear, see, read and write.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- This position requires occasional lifting and moving of 10-25 lbs.
FLSA Status: Exempt