Residential Loan Closer
JOB FUNCTION: The Residential Loan Closer will primarily coordinate and prepare residential mortgage loan closing documents for Conventional, FHA and VA loan programs, manage residential mortgage closing pipeline, review loan closing for accuracy and investor compliance and communicate with parties involved with the closing process.
This is a full-time, 35 hour per week, Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm position, located in Wilmington, DE.
- Order and review: title commitments, CPL, wire instructions, survey, hazard and flood insurance policy for accuracy and completeness.
- Accurately prepare and deliver initial closing disclosures.
- Prepare mortgage closing documents for Conventional, FHA and VA loan programs.
- Review and ensure closing documents are accurate, complete and meet investor and federal agencies requirements.
- Communicate with all parties involved with the transaction including customers, closing agents and departmental staff.
- Register and release loans in MERS and upload data to UCD portals for review and acceptance.
- Maintain a high level of productivity while maintaining quality and accuracy.
- Monitor and maintain a pipeline of anticipated mortgage closing.
- Assists in clearing investor conditions as needed.
- Adherence to corporate policies, procedures, and regulatory banking requirements. Completes all required training. Actively communicates matters of potential audit or compliance risk.
- All other duties as may be warranted or required.
- High school diploma required.
- 2+ year experience as a residential loan closer with strong knowledge of TRID-RESPA.
- Highly developed computer skills, proficiency with spreadsheets and word processing.
- Ability to work independently while working with the department to meet goals.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High level of initiative and adaptability.
- Required to reach and push items with hands and arms.
- Required to stand for intermittent periods of time.
- Required to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Required to talk, hear, see, read and write.
- Required repetitive motion of wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Required to regularly lift and move up to 10 lbs.