Regulatory Compliance Specialist
POSITION: Regulatory Compliance Specialist
PAY GRADE: To be determined based on experience
DEPARTMENT: Control Division
SUPERVISOR: SVP & CRO: Compliance & CRA Officer
JOB FUNCTION: Assist the Bank's Compliance Officer in the execution of the Bank's Annual Compliance and Audit Plans. Be a compliance resource for the institution.
- Under the supervision of the Chief Risk Officer, perform assigned compliance testing and monitoring projects.
- Review applicable laws and regulations related to the subject matter and work with bank personnel to gain an understanding of the bank policies and procedures that apply.
- Follow written audit programs to document the testing and monitoring performed and maintain appropriate source documentation and work papers.
- Discuss observations and recommendations with bank personnel and prepare written summaries of the projects, drawing overall conclusions and documenting any findings, observations, and recommendations for improvement.
- Work with Management to ensure that the implementation of any corrective action is completed in a timely manner.
- Under the supervision of the Chief Risk Officer, research and answer compliance inquiries posed by bank personnel or third parties.
- Assist in internal and external audits and regulatory examinations by providing requested information and participating in these projects as requested.
- Work with bank personnel to implement any required corrective action that results from these projects occurs in a timely fashion.
- Work with bank management and staff to implement new, and/or changed, bank products, services, or system conversions.
- Provide compliance guidance for these activities and attend committee and other meetings to remain informed. Ensure the bank's project management guidelines are followed for these projects.
- Assist in the completion of other assigned projects, or duties, as assigned, by other members of the Control Division or Management.
- Required to complete the ABA’s Regulatory Compliance Manager certification.
- Comply with all bank policies and administrative requirements, especially the Bank's Code of Ethics policy.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the laws and regulations that pertain to the bank and complete all assigned training requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journal, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Proficient personal computer skills including e-mail, record-keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
- Handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- ABA’s Regulatory Compliance Manager certification (or alternative) is desired.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described below must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Required to stand for intermittent periods of time.
- Required to sit for prolonged periods.
- May be required to wear face coverings during business hours.
- Dexterity is mandatory as this job requires frequent use of hands and fingers.
- Required to walk, reach with hands and arms, push items overhead, occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Required to talk, hear, see, read and write.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job included close vision 20 inches or less.
- This position requires occasional lifting and moving of up to 10 lbs.
FLSA Status: Exempt