Health Savings Account
Artisans' Bank's Health Savings Account (HSA) is a tax-favored account that lets you make tax-exempt contributions to save and pay for current and future qualified medical expenses. You must be covered by a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) to have an HSA. HDHPs are a type of health insurance that typically offers lower premiums and higher deductibles.
How you can save
Contributions to your account may be tax-deductible on your federal income tax return, and, in most cases, on your state income tax return. (Consult with your personal tax and legal advisors.) You can pay for qualified medical expenses with tax-free withdrawals.
Your employer may offer a payroll deduction option to help you make contributions on a tax-free basis through your employer's cafeteria plan. In addition, your employer may also decide to contribute.
Unlike Flexible Spending Accounts, your HSA has no "use it or lose it" requirement and also stays with you if you change jobs or retire.
You're in control
When you open an account, you're issued a Artisans’ Bank HSA Visa® Debit Card that makes it easy for you to pay for qualified medical expenses. You have online access to account transactions, so keeping tabs on your medical spending is easy.
How you can use your savings
- Standard medical services such as office visits and annual medical physicals.
- Prescriptions, some over-the-counter medicines, and health care products.
- Preventive and restorative dental care, as well as orthodontia for children and adults.
- Eyeglasses, contact lenses, and laser eye surgery.
Artisans’ Bank Health Savings Account Features:
- You make the decisions and control the money in your HSA
- Unlimited check writing
- Free Online Banking
- Free Online Bill Payment
- Free e-Statements
- Free first check order*
- Variable rate interest bearing account paying competitive rates
- Free HSA Visa Debit Card (additional dependent cards available at $8 each)
- Minimum to Open - $50
- Monthly Service Charge - $2.50**
- Minimum to Earn Interest - $0.01
- Balance to Avoid Service Charge - $300 Average Daily Balance
For more information call 302-658-6881 or visit your local Branch Office.
*First order of 25 basic HSA checks is free. Contribution Limits for Heath Savings Accounts are: Tax Year 2019: self only $3,500, family $7,000 - Tax Year 2020: self only $3,550, family $7,100. Product information is accurate as of November 1, 2019. Artisans’ Bank reserves the right to change or terminate this product.
**Monthly service fee waived for members of the Benefits Connection