Part Time Customer Service Representative
POSITION: Customer Service Representative
PAY GRADE: To be determined based on experience
DEPARTMENT: Deposit Operations
SUPERVISOR: VP/Deposit Operations
JOB FUNCTION: The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for responding to customer and internal bank associates inquiries received via telephone, email or fax. Indexing branch work, tracking maintenance items, separating and filing branch work, wiring transfers, tracking return mail and cards in a timely and professional manner. This position requires the CSR to act as a customer advocate by taking ownership of the account, positively identify customers using Red Flag Rules (including out-of-box questions), ask follow-up questions, identify and recommend possible solutions, and resolve all issues posed by the customer at first point of contact. The CSR must be able to analyze information from the caller to identify potential fraud and risks to the Bank. The CSR will perform keyboard transaction inquiry and research using a variety of system networks to provide customer service to both internal and external customers while maintaining a strict code of confidentiality regarding bank and customer information.
- Respond to customer and internal bank associate inquiries received via telephone, e-mail or fax in a timely and professional manner. Direct callers to proper bank personnel.
- Provide quality customer service and support for online banking, e-Services, Cash Management and bill payment products and services; including assisting customers with related requirements such as browser or security settings and overall product usage.
- Operate personal computer to process account maintenance transactions, re-order ATM cards, and reset customer online banking credentials, while maintaining accurate support documentation and files.
- Understand and follow basic instructions/guidelines concerning the reconciliation of internal General Ledger Accounts by completing Excel spreadsheets and other routine paperwork and form letters.
- Provide assistance and support to the immediate work unit by assuming responsibility for various department functions in the absence of staff members or in work overload situation.
- Follow all established Policies, Regulations, Guidelines, and Procedures.
- Cross sell bank products and services to expand Customer Relationship with the Bank as required.
- Adherence to corporate policies, procedures, and regulatory banking requirements. Complete all required training. Actively communicates matters of potential audit or compliance risk.
- All other duties as may be warranted or required.
- Must have 1-2-years of custom service experience. Previous Call Center or banking environment is strongly preferred.
- Must have excellent PC Skills, oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, and the ability to work effectively in a multi-task, high volume department.
- Must be a motivated, self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- This position requires adaptability, assessing, analyzing, calculating, dependability, memorizing, good judgment, prioritization, organization, and be able to hear and speak effectively.
- The CSR will be required to talk, hear, see (includes: close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus), and write or type (i.e., frequent use of hands/fingers).
- Must be able to stand for intermittent periods and sit for prolonged periods.
- Position may require the ability to walk, reach with hands and arms, push items overhead, stoop kneel, or crouch.
- The position may require regular lifting and moving of 10-25 lbs.