Marketing & Community Relations Officer
POSITION: Marketing & Community Relations Officer
PAY GRADE: 21
DEPARTMENT: Little Falls
SUPERVISOR: SVP/ Chief Operating Officer
Under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer, the Marketing and Community Relations Officer is responsible for the coordination of marketing strategy (traditional and digital), product marketing, competitive intelligence, communications, and public relations that supports consistent business growth, increased visibility and is in line with the strategic vision of the Bank. Additionally, this position is responsible for expanding the Bank’s presence in the Delaware Market through community outreach, volunteerism, business development, Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) support, financial education, and philanthropy.
• Collaborate with the Senior Management Team to develop a strategic marketing plan to support the overall strategic direction of the Bank.
• Collaborate with responsible Department Managers to define, enhance, execute, and manage the Bank’s marketing program and campaigns for new and existing products and services.
• Plan and administer the Bank’s marketing and advertising, and community relations budgets.
• Source and select vendors to augment the Bank’s marketing capabilities. Collaborate with third party marketing firms as needed with the development of advertising strategies and campaigns to acquire, retain, and expand relationships with customers and targeted community groups.
• Coordinate and administer advertising content for the Bank’s direct print media and electronic media, including the website, branch signage, online banking, and social media. Ensure the Bank’s website content is updated with relevant resources and information to aid customers with their financial needs.
• Schedule local media buys with vendors, negotiating rates and/or contracts.
• Manage key website, social media, digital marketing including email, and direct mail marketing initiatives effectiveness against key performance indicators. Report results to the Senior Management Team.
• Update and implement changes to marketing strategy across various channels based on market changes in support of Bank initiatives and goals.
• Proof various Bank documents and ad branding as needed.
• Coordinate production of marketing and promotional materials. Partner with the Bank’s vendors to execute the necessary art creative and messaging for Bank advertisements. Manage inventory of printed marketing materials and promotional items. Maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all marketing and promotional materials and product lines.
• Work closely with Compliance Department personnel to ensure all forms of advertising meet compliance requirements. Maintain marketing records for bank audits and examinations as required by state and federal law.
• Identify, develop, and implement strategic community partnerships and involvement opportunities for the Bank. Maximize benefit and exposure for the Bank for community investments, including charitable and affiliation corporate contributions.
• Plan and administer the Bank’s charitable giving and community relations and CRA sponsorship program budgets and donations. Maintain appropriate recordkeeping for audit, examination, and
• Assist the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Officer to expand and build relationships with the Bank’s roster of CRA agencies and counselors.
• Expand and leverage the Bank’s exposure by identifying, promoting, and coordinating employee involvement and volunteer opportunities in the community. Manage volunteer database. Monitor staff participation.
• Coordinate and represent the Bank at customer events, open houses, and other Bank-related public relations events.
• Develop and/or coordinate public communications, including press releases and customer notifications.
• Track and analyze success factors associated with community investments and report results to the Senior Management Team.
• Assist with the coordination of corporate meetings and development of materials as needed.
• Adhere to corporate policies, procedures, and regulatory banking requirements.
• Complete all required training.
• Actively communicate matters of potential audit or compliance risk.
Performs other duties as requested by Management
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, Communications, Business Administration, or related field
• Minimum 5 years of experience in marketing and project management, community outreach, public relations, or related fields; financial institution experience preferred.
• Experience in all aspects of developing and maintaining marketing strategies.
• Essential understanding of market research, advertising, and public relations.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office. Intermediate personal computer skills including electronic mail, record-keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
• Experience in relevant software applications, including Adobe Creative Suite.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong communicator, copywriter, and proofer. Diligent attention to detail.
• Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form.
• Required to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time.
• Dexterity is mandatory for frequent use of hands and fingers.
• Required to walk, reach, push, occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
• Required to see, read, and write.
• Required to have close (clear vision at 20 inches or less) and color vision.
• Required to lift or exert force up to 25 lbs.
• Ability to work on-site.
• Ability to travel to various locations and work events and functions after hours.