Loan Operation Representative
The Loan Operation Representative will be primarily responsible for the data entry of loan operation activity while providing customer service. The representative will work closely with other financial institutions regarding loan participation including calculating and preparing remittances and remittance requests. The representative will work closely with the internal loan origination departments, the commercial documentation department, and the workout department.
- Reading of legal documents to analyze required data to input into loan system. Includes booking new loans, modifications, renewals, and monetary transactions. Includes recordation of legal documents. Additionally, prepares and mails paid off paperwork. Prepares loan participation information, including remittance reports, calculating accuracy of remittance figures, and sending or requesting monies with other financial institutions.
- Performing and analyzing escrow analysis. Daily accounts payable for disbursing taxes and insurance due. Overseeing insurance tracking between core system and third-party vendor. Uses third party vendor, CoreLogic, to manage tax bill solicitation.
- Reconcilements and follow up on clearing outstanding items. Work daily exception reports and make necessary adjustments.
- Providing customer service via phone and written communication. Organizing loan folders, scanning documents, and responsible for file room.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Adherence to corporate policies, procedures, and regulatory banking requirements. Completes all required training. Actively communicates matters of potential audit or compliance risk.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; or two to four years related finance or banking experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Detailed oriented and able to work independently within defined parameters.
- Ability to perform and apply concepts of basic mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to adjust to achieve team objectives.
- Prior loan processing experience highly desired.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Prior experience with Jack Henry preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workflow.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described below must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Required to stand for extended periods.
- Required to sit for prolonged periods.
- Dexterity is mandatory as this job requires frequent use of hands and fingers.
- Required to walk, reach with hands and arms, push items overhead, occasionally climb or balance, stoop kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Required to talk, hear, see, read and write.
- This position requires occasional lifting and moving of 10-25 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required to include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.