Human Resource & Payroll Officer
POSITION: Human Resource & Payroll Officer
PAY GRADE: To be determined based on experience
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
SUPERVISOR: VP/Human Resource Director
JOB FUNCTION: Responsible for all aspects of the Payroll functions of the organization. Prepares and processes all data pertinent to payroll, including supporting documentation, tax information, audit trails, permanent employee records and reports. Responsible for fulfilling the company’s staffing objectives by recruiting and analyzing candidates. Planning, developing and delivering training to all employees. Conducts and supports a variety of comprehensive Human Resource functions.
- Performs all payroll procedures for the company and the Board of Directors with focus on appropriateness in pay with an analyzation of new and existing data.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including timecards, compiling payroll statistics, recording hours of work, new hires, terminations, and changes to pay in accordance with regulations.
- Reviews and approves payroll deductions, interprets company policies and government regulations in connection with payroll procedures, and directs preparation of government reports.
- Prepares and submits reports and tax deposits on monthly and quarterly basis.
- Manages the Post-Retirement Benefits and Deferred Compensation for qualified retirees.
- Monitors employees 401(k) contributions to ensure they follow the plan’s rules and federal regulations.
- Facilitates COBRA, FMLA, ADA and various leaves of absences by gathering and completing all required paperwork, determining eligibility, designating leave, requesting medical certification as needed, and accounting for intermittent and reduced schedule leave use.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which includes full life cycle of recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants.
- Collaborates with departmental managers to understand and execute the Bank’s talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Oversees the HR information system by maintaining the database, installing new products and services, creating and running various reports.
- Works with benefit providers and plan professionals and assists in employee benefit meetings.
- Advises and informs employees of changes and developments related to benefits including eligibility, coverage, and provisions.
- Process all health and welfare benefits enrollments and changes.
- Prepare, reconcile, and pay all medical bills
- Point of contact for 3rd party vendors. Provide necessary information to auditors (internal and external) and senior managers of the Bank (Workers’ Comp, 401(k), Post-Retirement Benefits, Department of Labor).
- Works closely with HR Director with providing employees with policy, job duty, wage, promotion opportunities, and benefit information.
- Assists the HR Director with career path mentoring, succession planning and HR audits.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Adherence to corporate policies, procedures, and regulatory banking requirements. Completes all required training. Actively communicates matters of potential audit or compliance risk.
- 3-5 years minimum experience in Payroll processing and Benefit Administration.
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Confidentiality of sensitive data and high level of ethics essential.
- Experience of ADP payroll system including Workforce Now.
- Strong knowledge of payroll laws and reporting and other Federal/State regulations.
- Must be proficient with computers in a Windows environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Excellent written and oral communication required; Strong interpersonal skills with all levels of staff.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described below must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Required to stand for intermittent periods of time.
- Required to sit for prolonged periods.
- May be required to wear face coverings during business hours.
- Dexterity is mandatory as this job requires frequent use of hands and fingers.
- Required to walk, reach with hands and arms, push items overhead, occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Required to talk, hear, see, read and write.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job included close vision 20 inches or less and ability to adjust focus.
- This position requires occasional lifting and moving of up to 25 lbs.