Commercial Portfolio Manager
POSITION: Commercial Portfolio Manager
PAY GRADE: To be determined based on experience
DEPARTMENT: Commercial Banking
SUPERVISOR: Credit Administration Manager
JOB FUNCTION: The Portfolio Manager (PM) role provides primary client management support for an assigned portfolio of commercial loans. The PM works closely with the Commercial Lender in all aspects of servicing customers and converting prospects. PM interacts with customers independently to address routine and non-routine client servicing matters in addition to risk related items. The position requires effective interaction with Commercial Lenders, Credit Administration, Legal, Deposit Operations, and others throughout the Bank.
- Reviews loan approval packages (new loans, renewal, extensions, and modifications) prior to submitting a request for documentation.
- Requests and reviews borrower information to ensure necessary requirements are met prior to submitting a request for documentation and closing.
- Coordinates closing of loans with internal staff, customers and external service partners. This may include ordering title work/lien searches; appraisals; environmental reports; UCC searches; surveys; and flood determinations. Obtains insurance certificates prior to loan closing.
- Reviews title commitments and provides feedback and endorsement requirements. Coordinates the clearing of title issues/exceptions that need to be removed and prepares title/escrow instructions.
- Responsible for the collection, review, and maintenance of due diligence and customer information including business entity and formation documents; Good Standing Certificates; Certification of Beneficial Ownership and other compliance items.
- Analyzes underwriting documentation for potential issues with lien position, adequacy of collateral, organizational document gaps. Works directly with customers, their legal representation and bank legal staff to resolve any issues.
- Coordinates complex loan deals, including working in partnership with Relationship
- Managers, customers, attorneys, appraisers, title company representatives and other applicable parties during all phases of the loan closing.
- Maintains complete and organized customer records and files.
- Coordinates loan documentation preparation with internal staff or an outside attorney as appropriate.
- Serves as a point of contact for the borrower to address questions or concerns during loan documentation and closing process.
- Ensures that pre-funding and post-closing requirements are met in accordance with prescribed time frames.
- Collects and processes fees.
- Reviews final documents to ensure they are in compliance with loan approval.
- Performs next day quality control check of loans booked to confirm proper booking.
- Works with the loan officers, title companies, and attorneys to obtain post-closing items.
- Reviews and monitors daily and monthly reports to ensure overdrafts are handled, maturities are processed in a timely manner and all exception items are cleared and expired insurances are updated.
- Works with loan officers to customize and distribute semi-annual letters requesting financial information from borrowers/guarantors.
- Processes borrower draw requests, transfers, and payments.
- Prepares commercial loan payoff letters.
- Interacts with various operational, service and sales team members to review, research, and correct customer problems
- Processes account maintenance.
- Ensures compliance with regulations, bank policies and credit policies.
- Completes other special projects as assigned.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Completes Bank training requirements, follows policies and procedures, maintains proficient knowledge of the rules and regulations and supports the Bank’s goals and values.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and/or a minimum of 5 years of experience in commercial banking, including commercial loan administration, loan documentation and collateral administration.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team, maintaining a positive working environment.
- Demonstrates confidence, assertiveness, and professionalism.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task, solve problems under pressure and manage deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to perform duties with accuracy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages,
- High level of initiative.
- Ability to interact professionally with bank staff, attorneys, and other external contacts.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, spreadsheets and word processing.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described below must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Required to stand for intermittent periods of time.
- Required to sit for prolonged periods.
- May be required to wear face coverings during business hours.
- Dexterity is mandatory as this job requires frequent use of hands and fingers.
- Required to walk, reach with hands and arms, push items overhead, occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Required to talk, hear, see, read and write.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- This position requires occasional lifting and moving of 10 lbs.
FLSA Status: Exempt