Chief Credit Officer
POSITION: Chief Credit Officer
PAY GRADE: To be determined based on experience
DEPARTMENT: Commercial Loan Administration
SUPERVISOR: President & Chief Executive Officer
JOB FUNCTION: The Chief Credit Officer exercises management of the Bank's overall credit risk while ensuring that lending and support activities are compliant with all applicable rules and regulations. Maintains responsibility for the ongoing health of the loan portfolio, monitoring portfolio metrics, managing collection and workout activities and ensuring the adequacy of the ALLL. The Chief Credit Officer provides support and direction to the Bank’s Credit Administration Division and shall serve as the primary driver of the credit culture and process that ensures a high quality, low risk loan portfolio.
o Direct and support subordinate supervisors and staff in the credit and consumer loan administration areas.
o Participate in overall management of the Bank as a member of the executive team to assist in achieving long-term profitability, growth and strategic direction.
o Work collaboratively across the Bank, specifically with lenders, to support the credit and sales vision and a team environment.
o Present credit position to board of directors and Bank staff.
• Risk Management
o Oversee new and renewed extensions of credit ensuring compliance with policy and regulations.
o Govern and enforce risk-rating and underwriting standards.
o Manage, monitor and report loan concentrations opposite regulatory guidance and internal targets.
o Coordinate quarterly credit migration analysis exercises.
o Manage commercial appraisal function and ensure compliance with USPAP, FIRREA and other regulations as appropriate.
o Act as principal credit liaison to all regulatory agencies, outside accountants, consultants and others as needed.
o Adhere to corporate policies, procedures, and regulatory banking requirements. Complete all required training. Actively communicates matters of potential audit or compliance risk.
• Allowance for Loan and Lease Losses
o Ensure adequacy of ALLL.
o Recommend monthly provisions from earnings and prepare quarterly assessments of qualitative factors and historic losses.
o Transition organization to CECL accounting standard.
• Workout Management
o Identify potential problem credits, coupled with appropriate intervention, to minimize losses.
o Exercise oversight of troubled relationships to find mutually beneficial outcomes for the borrower and the Bank.
o Coordinate collections activities with in-house and outside counsel as needed.
o Manage Bank-owned real estate and work with developers, realtors and others to market and quickly dispose of OREO assets.
• Officers Loan, Allowance for Loan and Lease Loss, Loan Workout, Asset Liability Management and Pricing committees.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field such as Business or Finance and a minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible direct commercial credit risk management or lending experience ideally at a commercial bank. MBA preferred. Consumer lending experience is highly beneficial.
• Computer operations including Windows-based software, word processing and spreadsheet applications, internet usage, and electronic mail. Experience with Jack Henry Core Processing software preferred.
• Ability to thoroughly interpret complex financial data and use sound business judgment.
• Possess advanced financial analysis skills and have thorough knowledge of commercial loan structuring and understand creative loan structures.
• Ability to work collaboratively with others and demonstrate flexibility and poise in dealing with a diverse range of individuals.
• Confidentiality of sensitive data and a high level of ethics is essential.
• Ability to successfully handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to prioritize, organize and delegate assignments.
• Excellent written and oral communication required.
• Strong interpersonal skills, experience in partnering with a senior management team as well as levels of staff.
• Ability to work outside regular hours as needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described below must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Required to stand for extended periods.
• Required to sit for prolonged periods.
• May be required to wear face coverings during business hours.
• Dexterity is mandatory as this job requires frequent use of hands and fingers.
• Required to walk, reach with hands and arms, push items overhead, occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• Required to talk, hear, see, read and write.
• This position requires occasional lifting and moving of 10-25 lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required to include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
FLSA Status: Exempt